"A Citizen"s Eye View"

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rae to Vie for Liberal Interim Leadership

So Rae decides to go for "Interim" Leader position of the Liberals. Which means he can't run for permanent leader, nor talk merger with the DIPs (no slight intended there. I just like the nick-name). In the short term, I would say that Rae, though I really like the Parliamentarian he has become, would not be a good choice for LIB leader. Ontarians have long memories and I doubt he could capture much of the Ontario Centrist vote. However, muzzling any attempts at merger with the DIPS is unfortunate and dare I say, knuckle-headed. To my mind, I think he would be the perfect person to negotiate that kind of rocky, ego laden mine-field. But as all to often is the case, politics defies logic in lieu of partisan sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment